Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Incubus

I'm taking a cue from Fran, and posting a video. I feel fairly absent of words right now.

I heard this song in the car the day after a rather epic fight with my husband, and like any good weep-prone woman would do, I cried in the garage while it wrapped up. (Look, I don't get that melodramatic that often, okay?)

Still, while I read Becoming Who You Are again (I know, enough about that book already, right?), it struck me last night as I was jogging that this song ties in a bit.

I'm not sure how Incubus would feel about me making a link between a book by a Jesuit priest and them, but really it's the lyrics that sing about the true and false self, which is the central theme of the book I'm so obsessed with.

"We all have a weakness; some of ours are easy to identify..."

"When weakness turns my ego up, I know you'll count on the me from yesterday..."

"If I turn into another, dig me out from under what is covering, the better part of me..."

Yeah, pretty much.

Hope you enjoy it.

3 comments:

Domestic Goddess said...

I've been absent of words, too. Feeling kinda...dunno. Never been at a loss for words in my life. Emotional upheaval does that to me.

Fran said...

Thanks for the link - although it will only lead to my own no-words. It is February, hard winter, even if it is not the hardest winter in my part of upstate NY.

That is a great song. Thank you for posting it.

Fran said...

Just coming by to say hello as we inch our way into the desert!