Sunday, March 14, 2010

Request

I'm hoping if you read this, you can lend me a bit of the space in your brain. Or rather, someone I know who is having some difficulty.

A friend of mine is going through chemo for treatment of liver cancer. She recently had a procedure to prevent the drugs from entering her stomach, with the purpose of preventing chemo-induced ulcers. She is in a lot of pain following this treatment, and her doctors want to re-hospitalize her. I talked to her a few moments ago, and then paced around for a bit. I swept the floor and put on some U2 and wondered about things.

So I'm taking to this page to ask for your prayers for her and her family. I've been entreating St. Peregrine for some time now, and although I know there are a wide swath of people who send their prayers and good wishes on a daily basis, it can never hurt to have a few more.

And though I hesitate to type her name here, because it's not my right to do so, I think it can be very helpful to have the name of the person you're praying for.

Her name is Tara, and I thank you, greatly.

8 comments:

RuthWells said...

Since I do don't prayers, I will send good, healing thoughts. And hugs.

julia said...

Done. Kel, I hope your friend's discomfort dissipates sooner than later.

Oonie said...

Holding Tara in my heart, praying for relief from pain. It's an honor to do so. Thanks for asking. (is it a good sign that my word verification is "eldski," like an elderhostel winter vacation that she'll take in several years? let's hope.)

Fran said...

I am praying for Tara as we speak and will add her name to our parish prayer list. Sometimes all we can do is wail before the Lord.

Lora said...

I think names are very helpful because we can draw upon the power of them. For instance, (I knew her name from before, so I'll take my own example) when I'm scrolling through channels and the Comcast people tell me that United States of Tara is on, I see that as a sign that Tara needs energy so I send her some.

And when I see the giant T-shaped sign at the laundromat in my neighborhood, I think of Tara and I send a prayer/thought/energy/vibe to her.

So yes, names are important, dear Kelly- who gets a prayer/thought/energy/vibe every time the Kelly Tire commercial comes on or I pass a Kelly service center and every time I see Jelly Belly jelly beans because Kelly rhymes with both Jelly and Belly.

Domestic Goddess said...

Super-awesome pink fairy dust good thoughts hugs and love to Tara.

Gwen said...

Kel, I'm pretty sure my prayers would have the opposite of a desired effect, but I am thinking my best good thoughts for Tara.

Cancer's a beast.

Gwen said...

Kel, I'm pretty sure my prayers would have the opposite of a desired effect, but I am thinking my best good thoughts for Tara.

Cancer's a beast.